Improving Quality of Neonatal Care Services in Armenia
Since 2015, the Armenian Association of Neonatal Medicine has been implementing the program on Improving Quality of Neonatal Care Services in Armenia with funding support from the US Agency for International Development. The program is implementing a number of components in cooperation with the Armenian EyeCare Project. The program is carried out in all the marzes (provinces) of Armenia and Yerevan, covering all hospitals providing neonatal care services. Up to date, the main achievements of the program have been:
• A comprehensive assessment of the area under consideration, covering 32 medical establishments providing neonatal care services in the entire territory of the Republic of Armenia;
• Training of about 700 specialists of the RA 60 medical establishments and periodic working visits;
• Development of 51 neonatal clinical guidelines for specialists of the first-, second-, and third-level medical institutions providing neonatal care services;
• 24/7 professional consultations by specialists of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Muratsan Medical Complex for neonatologists of all the RA marzes with the use of innovative technologies;
• Empowerment of the family-centered neonatal model at Neonatal Intensive Care Units with direct participation of psychologists, nurses, and doctors;
• Development of standards of neonatal care services.